Thursday 28 February 2019

Farewell to February

This month we've been visited regularly by the pigeons, dunnocks, blue and great tits as well as the wonderfully photogenic blackbird but they've not been our only visitors as the kitchen blackboard helps to remind me. Unfortunately, unlike the blackbird, most of them enjoy disappearing just as I go to grab the camera! 
Most of the species listed appeared during the cold snap at the beginning of the month and all of them have hung around a bit except the coal tit and the long-tailed tits - I presume they'll be back when it turns cold again.





A bookshop to dream of
February has also been a month of dabbling indoors not just in the kitchen but also with jigsaws, glass paints and even with some sewing - just don't look too closely at the stitches!




Smells pretty
The lavender heart was made at the hospice and despite their best efforts the most I can say is it smells nice! I've also turned a couple of terry tea-towels into dishcloths this month as I was short of one but have an abundance of the other and even mended some trousers - and boy does canvas hurt your fingers! 





2nd batch
I couldn't resist trying a second batch of tea-light holders and even added a little posy bottle to the project - this could get to be addictive!





So it's farewell to a good month and on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx