Friday 25 January 2019

Stroll around the garden

By the time I crawled out of bed this morning the grey had faded and the day has turned beautifully sunny and very mild. So I popped outside and topped up the bird bath and tray feeder and then had a mini stroll around the garden to see what flowers I could find. And yes Family I did have my emergency button in one pocket and my phone in the other!

First the back garden with crocuses starting to peek through the grass, the snowdrops opening under the apple tree and the hellebores coming into their own.








A small break for a sit down and a mug of soup and I had an even smaller stroll for a peek at the front garden beds.

More snowdrops here, lots of new shoots promising nigella and hyacinths and daffodils in the future and the lovely gentle shade of true primroses.


Winter's white punctuated by the earliest of purples and the palest of yellows. January Joys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx