Sunday 15 September 2019

Best laid plans

Well yesterday's trip to the lotty didn't happen - the new steroids are playing with my vision so no driving for me until it settles. I'll admit to not taking this well at all despite knowing that thousands of people get by just fine without a car and that fuzzy vision is the least of what many people put up with as side effects but yesterday it was the end of the world. I have an MRI on Tuesday and Chemo starts Friday so I know trips up the road will be few and far between but there is still the garden to potter in and music and books and painting when focus isn't too off so I need to set aside the self-pity and steal myself for what's to come otherwise this will just turn into one long pity party and I can't have that.

So yesterday afternoon I made pie from last week's harvest using the cheese and marrow recipe I posted earlier in the month and carried on reading the lovely Dancing with Bees and today a slow start followed by a scrubbing of the microwave and a posy picking session.


2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet arrangement of floral bounty from your garden. I am sorry to read of your health situation. I'm sending lots of positive vibes across the pond with prayers for many days of clear vision & time for painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sending kind wishes.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx