Thursday 25 October 2018

Rediscovering Story

As the wheel of the year turns, the nights draw in and we approach Halloween/Samhain I always get a bit introspective. I tend towards stock-taking - both literal and metaphorical- checking the harvest stores, sorting through cupboards and paperwork and starting to think about what needs preparing for next year or what I'd like to do differently in the coming year. This year is no exception but I have to extra careful not to let thoughtfulness and introspection become melancholy and self-pity so whilst I'm resuming my gentle progress through the cupboards and drawers as well as through my bookmarks and files on the computer I've also begun to follow a few new hashtags on Twitter and check in with various blogs that are giving me new things to explore, insights into areas that have always interested me or just a chance to be diverted and entertained. The Twitter hashtags #folklorethursday with it's accompanying account @folklorethursday, #mythologymonday and #TradSongTuesday are the latest and have lead me to discover some wonderful podcasts that brighten the day and give me an opportunity to learn new things in small bite-sized chunks. Today I discovered The Folklore Podcast which will join the Folk on Foot broadcasts as part of my armoury against the winter blues! I also plan to move the CD player from the kitchen into the living room so I can revisit my CD collection of both music and story and not be quite so reliant on the TV for entertainment.
If anyone out there is reading this and has some other podcast recommendations I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx