Monday 11 March 2019

Monday's musings

Brightening the day with flowers from the garden

'Twas a really weird afternoon yesterday with brilliant sunshine, really heavy rain, high winds, huge flakes of really soggy snow and then a pretty sunset so what was there to do but bury my head into the wonderful The Girl in the tower, this is really living up to the promise of the first book in the trilogy and I only have about a third of it left - it's one of those that you want to keep reading to find out what is going on but at the same time I really don't want it to end - good job the third part is sitting on the shelf just waiting for me!

All ready to pot on

The morning was a little more productive mind - potting on and pricking out the seedlings that have been germinating in the back bedroom for the last few weeks. So we now have little pots of pansies, violas, welsh onions and big pots of sweet peas all ready to grow on.




Today has been a similar mix of chores and chilling - lots of sorting out upstairs as Mum is due for a visit at the end of the week and her bed was buried under a mountain of stuff! There's a bit less rubbish in there now but more to do before she gets a cosy night's sleep.

Violets emerging
By the time I'd done with chores for the day I couldn't resist a quick potter outside in the sunshine (boy is it chilly today!) - the violets are starting to appear now and the odd cowslip is sending up bud stalks just as the crocuses are starting to go over, so the wheel turns again. I couldn't resist bringing a few flowers indoors so a mug of hellebores, large daffodils and little tĂȘte-a-tĂȘtes has joined the re-potted peace lily and other bits and bob on the living room sideboard.


Now where did I put that book.....


.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx