Saturday 9 March 2019

Experimenting in the kitchen again

Usually super ripe bananas get made into simple banana cake or bread but this weekend I fancied trying something different and, as I had some little bars of dark chocolate in the larder, I thought I'd play with the recipe a bit. 2 smallish but very ripe fruits and 2 mini bars of Green and Blacks 70% cocoa dark organic chocolate that was a bit past it's best before date became Squidgy Chocolate Banana Cupcakes.

Straight from the oven

Squidgy Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

4oz Self-Raising Flour
2oz Cocoa
5oz sugar
6oz margarine
3 eggs
2 ripe bananas
approx 1.5 -2 oz of chocolate chopped into small pieces (or chocolate chips would work)

Place all ingredients except the chocolate into a food processor and whiz until thoroughly mixed together.
Add in the chipped chocolate and pulse for about 30 seconds - just enough to combine the chips into the mixture without breaking them up anymore.
Spoon the mixture into 12 large cupcake cases - I use and re-use silicone cases to reduce waste - it works out about 1 large tablespoon per case.
Bake on Gas Mark 4 for about 25 minutes but keep an eye on - when skewer comes out clean they are cooked.
Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or leave to cool for a delicious cake that is almost brownie-like in texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx