Tuesday 14 May 2019

Bookshelf May 2019

The last few weeks have been stick-my-head-in-books-and-it-will-all-be-ok weeks. Some of them have been great books, some of them have been good books and some have been ok to pass the time books but all have been helping shake off the meh days. All will appear on the Books Read 2019 page

One of the best left me immersed in the world of Dr Ruth Galloway for a couple of days. The Stone Circle is the latest in the wonderful series of archaeological/murder detective stories by Elly Griffiths. Following Ruth and Nelson as they uncover the truth behind an old murder and stumble across new villains and new mysteries whilst starting to (possibly) forge new futures made for a truly engrossing read. Be aware though that this installment, more than any of the others, is very much part of a whole and you really need to have read the earlier books to fully understand both the main story arc and all the sub plots. I can't wait for the next in the series.




The next physical book on the reading pile is a non-fiction one and is likely to take me longer as I dip in and out and meander my way through a few fiction e-books as the mood, and hospital waiting rooms dictate.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Ellie Griffiths series.
    Have you tried a series by Jacqueline Winspear? If not these are brilliant but also need to start at the beginning. First one written quite a while ago now and called "Maisie Dobbs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't come across that series Sue. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oncealibrarian17 May 2019 at 15:26

    Just bought and read the first two Elly Griffiths, thanks - the name was familiar but had never tried her stuff before. I mustn't get another one yet, as it will be read in a day, but will just before my rapidly approaching holiday. I also like Maisie Dobbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them. With two recommendations I'm definitely going to have to hunt up a Maisie Dobbs..
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, due to an upsurge in "odd" comments all comments are moderated. I hope it won't put too many of you off. I think I've also finally fixed the issue that meant we couldn't reply to comments
Tx